Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Hate ASCAP

I Hate ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers ) and let me tell you why. Today ASCAP sent me hate mail trying to shake me down for past due fees of $326.59 for horse shit cover music we don't play. So I called them to bitch about it and was told I need to provide them will a set list to prove to them I don't have any cover bands here!! So, I said what if I told you I didn't have any music at all, would a blank list be appropriate? The music mafia operator laughed at me and said, “We know you have music there!” So, these Big Music A-holes basically bill people unless you prove to them first you don't have cover music, Isn't that a racket and a half?


Now I know some of you think I may be over reacting and that ASCAP is a swell organization that's all about helping bands. This is another reason I wish ASCAP would go to China with the rest of the Commies. ASCAP screws bands on a daily basis, just take a look here:

http://www.ascapsukz.com/ Take the band “Stifff Kitties” for example, Three Air Platinum Awards, Three million air plays. Guess how much royalties ASCAP paid them?

ZERO! Would be the correct amount!


So now I have to write these leeches a letter telling them to sue me or something along those lines. Then they're going to send some BS music spy here during a show that dresses like Opie Taylor and thinking nobody notices him. He'll hang out and see who signed my guitars hoping to find a cover band signature while he drinks water.

I swear if I catch one of these spying leech cover lovers I'll straight paparazzi he ass all over the Internet so everyone could see what a Big Money Corporate bitch looks like.


Ok now I feel better

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ASCAP sucks!

ravenchalk said...

ya. id like to give a big fuck you to ascap for never getting me a dime, when i had a song in the top 50 on the college charts. they can suck my fuckin balls.