Sunday, November 4, 2007

Vinyl Record Sales -- Sales Are Strong!

Indie music never ceases to amaze me -- sure, I purchase a good deal of vinyl from the local indie musicians but I never really paid much attention to how my purchase of vinyl from an indie musician is moving the audio market!

In an article from Wired online mag, vinyl record sales are quite strong and have a strong backing by indie musicians and fans. I agree! I see this first hand almost every weekend. More and more indie musicians are choosing to distribute their musical wares on vinyl for its warmth and lack of digital sampling and loudness pumping ("loudness war"). Indie music fans are choosing vinyl for their format of choice for home listening and for collecting.

Of my favorite vinyl from indie muscians is a 7" single on white vinyl from the local indie band The Swims. Check them out on the myspaces: http://www.myspace.com/theswims

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess with the new high Tech USB turntables Vinyl maybe the "Wave-Of-The-Future" Not to mention the mastering a lot of 7" records may be cheaper than CD's.

Just a thought

SoundStageDirect said...

Ahhh, yes, isn't it sweet? I love the fact that vinyl is on the "comeback", but I offer to you that it never went anywhere. Yes, it did take a back seat to the next, best audio format, but when it comes down to it, music is best with analog sound and the indie bands and the public are telling the world that, yes, the music does sound better via the vinyl record.

Regards,
Robert
http://www.collectingvinylrecords.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Rober from collectingvinylrecords.com. I've been buying vinyl from Hot Topics which kind'a bites since their selection is weak. I check out you wares!!

Anonymous said...

Vinyl is majorly cool for sure!!! I am always hunting for the colored & Picture records!