Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time to move on

Spending 6 days a week at the Music Venue I.B.I.M.W. I get into conversations about music daily. Lately, I have been becoming very annoyed by people that stopped listening to “New Music” in 1990. You know the type, the guys that can go on for an hour or so on how Super the Rolling Stones were or how cool the .38 Special videos were.

Frankly it pisses me off how these guys act all smug and shit with their prehistoric music knowledge. After all, how musically informed can you be if you can't name a single Rock & Roll album from the last 17 tears?!

You know, I used to like the Stones, Aerosmith, and other such bands. But I have grown to hate them because I hear sooo much about them these days. Move on people, there has been new songs and artists since 1985!!


So, here's short list of bands I refuse to listen to, talk about or watch their videos:


Rolling Stones

Aerosmith

Bob Seager

The Beatles

The Who – (I really can't stand these guys)

Toto

Glass Tiger

Van Halen

The Scorpions

Alice Cooper

Boston

Kansas

ELO

REO Speed Wagon



Plus many many more has-beens


No comments: